Senior UX Designer | Ad Hoc
Remote, September 2018–present
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Federal contracts include VA.gov and HealthCare.gov.
- Design and produce multiple intranet products to enhance the employee experience.
- Create persuasive graphics, documents, and videos on quick-turn multi-million dollar contract proposals, with a win rate of over 50% in 2019.
- Design and maintain public website properties to build and expand brand, with roles including creating mockups, prototypes, and taking concepts through production to launch.
Lead UX Designer | Trintech
Addison, TX, June 2016–October 2018
Trintech provides enterprise financial software solutions to over 3,500 clients across 100+ countries, including a majority of the Fortune 100.
- Led effort to convert legacy UX/UI with low SUS scores to modern and attractive user interface proven to increase user efficiency and eliminate user frustration.
- Established user research program and user pool sufficient to fill usability sessions within hours of invitation. Conduct research including focus groups, usability testing, and surveys. Reported and presented results with evidence-backed recommendations.
- Introduced design system, including pattern library, content guidelines, and accessibility recommendations, to lead new era of user interface for products.
- Built UX practice from one individual contributor to team of three UX designers.
UX/UI Designer | OrgSync (now Campus Labs)
Dallas, TX, Oct 2012–May 2016
OrgSync was a startup offering cloud campus engagement software for colleges and universities, with over 5,000,000 users and 450 campus partners. Acquired by Campus Labs in 2016.
- Designed interfaces allowing users and campus administrators to create events, forms, rosters, to-do lists, and over 25 other core features of the software.
- Worked directly with developers to implement layouts in Rails views and controllers.
- Gathered user requirements and presented designs to gather feedback from customers.
- Presented to customers at annual conferences to educate customers about design best practices they could implement to integrate their branding and enhance engagement. Sessions were the highest rated by attendees.
- Wrote and edited content for feature announcements and blog posts.
UI Designer | AllPlayers.com
Irving, TX / Remote, Aug 2010–Sept 2012
AllPlayers.com was a startup building a group and league management web application with over 75,000 users and 1,000,000+ monthly page views.
- Managed print and web design team.
- Analyzed needs and reconciled with data to develop wireframes, comps and layouts to improve user interface of web application and marketing pages.
- Built front-end CSS and HTML within Drupal CMS.
- Wrote and edited marketing, email, and website content; feature announcements; and blog posts.
- Developed and produced brand standards guide.
Prior to 2010
Freelance print/web design and production for many of Dallas’ top agencies and design studios, as well as corporate and small businesses.
- Clients included Temerlin McClain, TracyLocke, Rapp Collins Worldwide, Eisenberg & Associates, J.C. Penney, Mary Kay, Exhibit Group|Giltspur, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Texas, Big Feats Entertainment.
- Account experience included Dallas Galleria, DFW Airport, La Madeleine, Nokia, Nortel, Pepsi, Pizza Hut, 7-Eleven, Stanley Korshak, Subaru, Zales.
• Heuristic evaluation
• Usability testing
• Focus groups
• Interactive prototypes
• User stories
• Design systems
• Pattern libraries
• Style guides
• Voice and content guidelines
• Responsive sites
• Axure, Sketch, InVision
• Keynote, PPT, Google Slides
• Accessibility best practices
• OpenCamp, 2010, Dallas, TX
• OrgSync Connect, 2013–2015, Dallas, TX
• Vista UX Summit — 2018, Dallas, TX
• SAFe 4 Certified Product Owner/Product Manager, 2017
• SAFe 4 Certified Practitioner
Experienced managing teams of creative and communication professionals